Monday, July 4, 2011

Winken, Blinken and Nod

b
Winken
This was another panel quilt I did in like April or so of 2010, maybe.  Again, my lousy record-keeping has succeeded in making me look like an ass.  Point taken and will be again and again.  Winken, Blinken and Nod is apparently a fairy tale, no clue, but I love this panel.  It is by the same artist as the Cow Jumping Over the Moon and the Angel (later post).  Inweave will be prominently mentioned in another blog entry, but this is the Fabric Mecca from where these panels came.
The whole quilt
Detail of the Sailing Crew
I hand stitched this delightful number in about a month.  4-8 hrs a day 5 days a week for a month.  That's about the time frame I have to work on most of my quilts as I work at a call center and sew while I am on the phone.  I realise that sounds kind of bad, but it's very calming and I am able to keep a level head when I am concentrating on my stitches.  It's a zen thing I think.

Peach Out, Apricots.

Morg

No comments:

Post a Comment