Monday, July 4, 2011

Rail Fence Acid Trip Quilt


The Infamous Acid Quit
I am not quite sure what came over me, but I had had so much fun with Shelby's quilt that I asked another friend what colours she liked and started to make her a quilt.  Well, as things turned out she was not the person I thought she was and soon she disappeared like socks in a laundromat dryer.  No biggie, I ended up giving it to another co-worker for her daughter.  She too has left the building, but this was a fun quilt to make.  Unique, different, a conversation piece.  I understand, this gal's daughter was over the moon thrilled with the unexpected gift.

Done in Lime Green, Orange and Black with a pink squiggly design, sashing in dark green to match the back and bound in Teal.  Wait!  Is that the phone?  "Yes?  Uhm, the 1980s are calling and they would like their quilt back." 


Full View of Acid Quilt


Back view
Yeah, it's a strange one. About 120hrs of hand stitching with the piecing done in an evening on the machine.  It's a scary one, but a little girl loves it and that's all that matters.

Peach Out Apricot!
Morg

No comments:

Post a Comment