Monday, July 4, 2011

Quilt for Shelby

Stitch detail
This is a quilt for my friend Shelby.  She had made a quilt for her niece and had waaaaay over bought the necessary fabric for it and didn't know what to do with it.  I asked for the scraps and made this one for her.  I let her pick the pattern, the thread and everything.  She went with crazy wild colours for the thread: chartreuse, purple and green.  This is the first rail fence I've done and yes, I obviously suck, but I am getting better.  It was a lot of fun to quilt.  Took roughly 120ish hrs.  Give or a take a few.  I don't really keep track, I know I should.  I suspect I would be disgusted with the amount of time I was not being adequately compensated for.  However, I do this stuff at work and they are paying me to be nice to people on the phone...and I get the scraps as partial payment for my work and that feeds my stash...so...I guess it's really a labour of love and in the long run "Love is all you need," so sayeth the Fab Four. 
Full image of quilt.
Back and detail shots of the quilt:

Back of Quilt to show colur/stitch detail.


Peach Out, Apricots.
Morg

No comments:

Post a Comment