Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cow Jumping Over the Moon



 
Close up of the back fabric.



 The Cow Jumping Over the Moon is an all-time favourite of mine I've done probably a half dozen of these panels.  I recall purchasing these at my favourite fabric den in the world, InWeave in Hawarden, IA.  Watch for a future blog entry about this Fabric Mecca. 

The same artist has several other panels out including an Angel and Winken, Blinken and Nod both of which I have done as well.  The free flowing design and wonderful use of colour make this and the other panels a delight to quilt and give.

Normally when I back a Cow Jumping Over the Moon quilt I use a great dalmatian/holstein print I obtain at The World (WalMart) but this time I dug through my stash and found this delightful cow print.  I might have gotten it at this one little pretentious quilt store in Sioux City, Iowa.  Can't remember where I obtained the back fabric, but it's been a fave with all the little cows.  ;)  In fact, I am pretty sure that's where I got it, now that I think about it.  Funny how you remember these things.


Cow Jumping Over the Moon Panel

Back of the Cow/Moon quilt.















This quilt is a panel I hand-stitched and sold in March of 2010 or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment