Friday, August 19, 2011

Wagging the Quilt


Doggie Quilt

Life is built on best intentions...and so was this quilt.  My second attempt at scrap quilting I originally made this quilt at a prize for a model dog club championship.  Obviously it didn't turn out quite as planned, although I did learn a thing or two about strip quilitng and measurements.  Yeah, rulers are used for more than scratching your ass. 

This particular quilt was made with scraps from the soap bags my friends The Johnsons gave me and I backed it with a wild violet, cream and green floralish print I had gathered at the former Pamida in Vermillion, South Dakota.  I have since successfully created more quilts with this basic scrappy theme, but with greater success and non wagging corners...LOL!  Machine pieced, hand quilted, I drug this thing all over the place including the Sioux Falls Airport (I had to sit in the lobby because my pins and needles would have set off the metal detectors - Post 9/11 security measures).  One of the few "travel-alls" as I call them, I like to have a quilt in tow pretty much where ever I go because you never know when you are going to have a chance to quilt.

My friend, Melissa won this delightful prize and soon this quilt became the cotton hug for her dear little Chinese Crested, Bria.

When Bria crossed the Rainbow Bridge, this quilt was sent with her to comfort her until she is reunited with her mistress.   Bye Bye Bria....you were a legend in your own time.

Peach Out Apricots.
Morg

No comments:

Post a Comment