Friday, August 19, 2011

The Cute the Cat and the Ugly

The FIRST scrap quilt I ever made...
The adorable little baby is my nephew "F." The cat is Bijou and the quilt is the teratogenic nightmare I made for my best friend and her darling son some years ago.  The whole quilt is one big scrappy experiment gone delightly awry. 

The back is a piece of brownish, yellowish floral fabric from the Pamida store in Vermillion, SD which is no longer in business and the fabrics for the quilt top came from my dear friends, The Johnsons.  They are soap makers and these fabrics were all left over pieces from their soap bag packaging. 

I used fleece for batting because I was in the mood to sew and had no idea what else to use and it was there and it was a big enough piece to fit my needs so it was pressed into duty.

The quilt itself is hand stitched using the stitch in the ditch method and was machine pieced. 

For a first shot at quilting and establishing myself as an Ugly Quilter, I have to say it is a personal favourite and "F" still enjoys sleeping with it.   

Peach Out Apricots,
Morg

No comments:

Post a Comment