Sunday, January 20, 2013

Quilt for Caroll

Springing into Fall
When my neighbour Caroll told me she was having a baby I said cautiously, "Is a congratulations in order?" 
She smiled widely and said, "Yes.  Very unexpected, but very much welcomed."   

 Colours of Fall
Caroll's favourite time of year is Halloween.  She plans for the magic of Samhain all year.   I designed this quilt to play with the colours of the season, to play on nature and complement Caroll's love of plants.
Back of quilt

Leaf it to me

Which witch is which?
When I first met Caroll Patten she told me she was a practicing witch.  I told her I was a professional bitch and we should get along just fine.  I found this fun "prim" fabric and immediately thought of Caroll.  One of the few times when I made my own binding.  I am pleased with how it turned out.

We spent many hours talking over the fence, under the pear tree. 

Our dogs were the best of friends.  Her little Shih Zsu, Wicket and my Xolo, Remus.  They would chase and sniff and water and chase and run and sniff all over each others yards.   

Sadly, that all ended when Caroll and her husband, Laramie moved away in the fall of 2012.  I am not sure where she is living now, or if she has had her son, Kelly Theodore, but I hope they are healthy, happy.  I hope Kelly likes his quilt, each stitch was made with love.
 

Vital Stats:
Approximately 46 x 37.5 inches finished.
Stitch Per Inch:  body 4, binding 4


Batting Type: Cotton (Warm and Natural)
Binding: Made by Morg
Fabric: Scraps from lots of different places, lots of different sources.
Completed: Late Summer 2012



I miss you Caroll and Remus misses Wick. 

Hugs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment