Sunday, January 20, 2013

All Plaid Raggedy Fun!


 My mum dug her plaid raggedy quilt so much she asked me to make more.  This fun quilt was made from 7" squares and sewn together with an inch wide open seam to allow for the edges to be nipped.  When washed the edges fray and give the characteristic raggedy quilt look.

Detail of colours

These type of quilts are fast, fun and easy to do.  I think it took me longer to choose the colour pattern than it did to actually sew and snip!  I love the way this quilt came out with the playful sprinkling of reds and blues with a surprise of purple in the middle.

Back of quilt
 The backing fabric was made from an incredible deal I got on a seventeen yard roll of this wonderful grey and fushia flannel.  It's fun and funky and gives an unexpected snap of colour.
Vital Stats:
Approximately 36 x 60 inches finished.
Squares: 7"
Fabric: Flannel
Completed: Summer 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment