Friday, February 3, 2012

Summer Time Fun


Close up of quilt detail
Completed in later half of 2011, this quilt was an exploration in three colour:  Blue, Yellow and Green.  I wanted to work on clearing out my stash and playing with some colours.  I love the Stacked Coins pattern with its simplicity, style and flexibility. 

Full view of front
 A little smaller than my usual quilts approximately 44 x 36 finished, I was limited only by the backing fabric, which I could not resist when I saw it on the bolt.  I have learned my lesson about buying fabric and will now only purchase in two yard minimum cuts - unless it is a remnant or a last of the bolt one yard length. 

The smaller size makes it perfect for a baby seat, a stroller or a travel-all bag.  The summery colours are certain to raise a smile or brighten the darkest day. 


Full view of back
I can't say enough about how much I LOVE the backing fabric on this quilt.  I am reminded of tutti-fruitti ice cream, summer time, Woodstock posters, fourth of july fire works and psychedelic sea shells.  So much fun in one little quilt. 

...like a water colour in the rain...
An explosion of colour captured in a cotton hug.

Peach Out, Apricots.
Morg

No comments:

Post a Comment