Wednesday, March 21, 2012

We be Stitchin'!

As part of my never (ever) ending quest to improve my abilities and quilting experience I am evaluating my stitching technique.  I never really gave it much thought until I started reading about stab stitching.  I like the sound of it and it sounds like fun, so I started to explore and see what all the fun was about and realised I already do a little bit of stab stitching.  I also rock, gather, pinch and pull.

It appears that my personal stitching style is a mash-up of several techniques.  I am not sure what to call it, Stab-Rock-Pinch-Pull or Rock'n Pull or Pinch'n Stab?   I dunno. 

I would like to learn to properly Stab Stitch, and perhaps I can work on my technique as the results are really quite nice, I could even improve my "understitches" that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment